- Is New York the dirtiest city?
- What is the dirtiest borough in New York?
- Why is NYC water so clean?
- What is the cleanest state to live in?
- What is the cheapest borough in New York to live in?
- What is the most dangerous train in NYC?
- Why is NYC so populated?
- Does New York smell like pee?
- What’s the ghetto part of New York?
Is New York the dirtiest city?
New York City is the dirtiest metropolis in the United States, with more pests and litter than any place else, according to a review of government data by the cleaning-services company Busy Bee.
New York also ranks first for population density, with 28,000 people per square mile..
What is the dirtiest borough in New York?
The BronxIt’s Official: The Bronx is the Dirtiest Borough Thanks to Sanitation Cuts. According to a mayoral scorecard, only 85.6% of Bronx streets were rated “acceptably” clean in July compared to last year during that same period when our borough’s streets were rated 97.3% clean.
Why is NYC water so clean?
The city’s water-to-be passes through the world’s largest ultraviolet disinfection facility in Westchester County. Ultraviolet radiation was determined to be a safe, effective supplementary treatment as long as it’s evenly applied to water that is moving at constant speed.
What is the cleanest state to live in?
Here’s our full list of U.S. states in order from cleanest to poorest overall:Maine.Massachusetts.Hawaii.New York.New Hampshire.Delaware.North Dakota.Maryland.More items…
What is the cheapest borough in New York to live in?
The 10 Most Affordable Neighborhoods in NYCRankNeighborhoodBoroughRankNeighborhoodBorough1ParkchesterBronx2HammelsQueens3Port IvoryStaten Island7 more rows•Oct 25, 2019
What is the most dangerous train in NYC?
Which Are The Most Dangerous Stations on the NYC Subway149 St-Grand Concourse Station, Grand Concourse, Bronx. … Bowery Station, Delancy Street, Bowery. … Broad Channel Station, W Road, Queens. … 71st– Forest Hills Avenue Station (Continental Avenue), 71 St and Queens Boulevard, Queens.More items…•
Why is NYC so populated?
1) It’s a big natural harbor. NYC is populated because it’s the economic capital of the US. The reason why it became the economic capital of the US has more to do with shipping. There are geographical and historical reasons why NY became an important port in the US, which resulted it businesses locating in Manhattan.
Does New York smell like pee?
You’re always at risk for foul smells in NYC, but this one spot smells like all the urine in the entire city flowed down and collected right there. – Anna T. 6) West Side Highway sewage treatment plant – as you head downtown towards 125th St ramp, it always delivers a gaseous reminder it’s there. – Joanne L.
What’s the ghetto part of New York?
South Jamaica is a working class neighborhood in Queens that’s pretty famously known as being called one of the most ghetto places in New York. Merely 1 in 3 people graduated from high school here, and the number of reports of dangerous elements here is reported pretty much daily.